KALE SALT & VINEGAR CHIPS
- 1 bunch dino kale
- 1 tsp celtic salt
- 1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- After washing and drying the kale, remove stems and shred into small pieces.
- Place kale in a large bowl
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, then sprinkle with salt
- Massage above ingredients into kale with your hands
- Spread out kale on 2 parchment lined baking sheets, so that pieces of kale do not touch
- Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes until dry and crispy
- Cool 10 minutes and serve.
ROASTED ZUCCHINI WITH LEMON TAHINI SAUCE
Browner edges are important, they really help the flavor. Make sure you have a nice sharp knife so you do not hurt yourself!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Rating: 5 stars - based on 2 reviews
Nutrition facts: Calories: 220 kcal;Fat: 18 grams;
- kabocha squash or large acorn squash, - 1 small, scrubbed, cut into 1inch thick wedges, seeded
- delicate squash - 1 1-lb, scrubbed, cu into 1inch thick wedges, seeded
- extra virgin olive oil - 7 Tbsp
- cumin seeds - 1 ½ tsp
- scallions - 4, cut into 4 inch pieces
- fresh lemon juice - 3 Tbsp
- tahini - 1tbsp (sesame seed paste, available at health food stores or Middle Eastern markets)
- Aleppo or crushed red pepper flakes - to taste
- Sea Salt and pepper - to taste
Preheat oven 425 degrees. Place kabocha/acorn on a rimmed backing sheet and delicate on a second sheet. Divide 3 Tbsp oil and 1 ¼ tsp cumin between sheets. Season squash with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
Combine remaining ¼ tsp of cumin, 1Tbsp of oil, and scallions in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss evenly to coat. Scatter scallion mixture over squash evenly between sheets, and continute to raost squash until tender about 15 minuters longer, depending on type of squash.
Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, tahini, and 1 Tbsp water in small bowl. Gradually whisk remaining 3 tbsp of oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. If it is too thick add a water or lemon juice, you want it to be easy to pour over the squash.
Transfer squash to platter. Drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with red pepper.
RAW KALE SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT
Most people are hesitant about doing a raw kale salad, honestly this is one of my staples in my diet. This is a quick, raw salad that can be eaten for up to 3 days! Kale can be used as a cleansing food and is rich in an array of vitamins!
- 1 bunch chopped raw organic kale
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts (or whatever nut you like)
- 1 cup shredded organic carrots
- ½ cup organic sunflower sprouts
- ½ red onion, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Bragg’s liquid amino or coconut soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
Wash the greens and remove stems, unless you like the crunch. Chop or tear into small bite size pieces. Chop your onion into cubes. Shred the carrots into thin slices. Add all the ingredients in a bowl. Then for the dressing mix the ingredients and let sit for at least 15 minutes if you have the time. I like to make this dressing and keep it in the fridge because I eat this salad 3 times/ week. It only takes a second to make.
A bit about kale....Kale is highly nutritious. It’s a good source of vitamins A, B6, C, K, potassium, manganese, calcium, iron, folic acid, copper, fiber and carotenoids.